We have a once in a lifetime opportunity to help recreate a hub for our Ngāti Kahukuraawhitia people.
– 182.41 hectares of our ancestral land in Wairarapa has come up for sale.
– This whenua backs onto our maunga Tararua, our awa, Waiohine and is near one of our urupā, Te Uru o Tāneroa.
– The tender price is between $1.2-1.5 million.
– Our whānau are trying to raise money to meet the tender price.
– Our iwi has not settled, so we have no collective financial base.
– Our whānau want to buy back our whenua and establish papakāinga and sustainable business to bring our people home to Wairarapa to thrive on their tūpuna land.
Ngāti Kahukuraawhitia’s involvement (page creator)
I am an uri of Ngāti Kahukuraawhitia. Ngātuere Tāwhao Tāwhirimātea is my tūpuna, a rangatira of our people during the 1870s, right through to the 1920s.
Use of funds
The funds will be spent on purchasing our whenua back and developing papakāinga and sustainable business to bring our people home.
Other page links