The following is a conversation between folks involved in anti-repression work in 5 parts of the so-called US.
Originally published by The Final Straw.
The goal was to present a zoomed out vision of scope and patterns of repression since the Floyd Uprising of this summer, particularly as the US sits in a period of heightened tensions around the elections and continued killings by police. Please consider sharing this chat around. We need to be ready to push back against repression and support the mostly BIPOC folks facing heavy charges for hitting the streets against white supremacy.
You’ll hear from:
In the conversation, we hear about a few cases of folks attacked and/or killed by police in the communities our guests come from and whose memories contributed to the Uprising where they were. These include:
- Rodney J. Freeman (killed by Dane County Police in Wisconsin);
- Elliot T. Johnson (killed by Monona Police in Wisconsin);
- Jacob Blake (brazenly injured by Kenosha Police);
- John T Williams (killed by Seattle Police);
- Charleena Lyles (killed by Seattle Police);
- Kevin Peterson, Jr. (killed by Clark County Sheriff deputies in Washington State);
- Bernardo Palacios-Carbajal (killed by Salt Lake City Police);
- Atlanta: Rayshard Brooks (killed by Atlanta Police);
Keep the Enough 14 blog and the Enough 14 Info-Café going. You can do that with a donation here, or by ordering stickers, posters, t-shirts , hoodies or one of the other items here or click at the image below.