Join Us To Demand #UNinvestigateApartheid
Real solidarity means concrete action. Here are four ways to show real solidarity with Palestinians as we approach November 29th, the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.
Decades of struggle on the ground and international solidarity, coupled with measures taken by the United Nations, ultimately succeeded in ending apartheid in South Africa. The UN established a Special Committee and a Center to help eradicate apartheid. It also imposed a military embargo and later wide-ranging economic, cultural and diplomatic sanctions on apartheid South Africa.
Israel controls every facet of Palestinian life through a brutally repressive regime of settler-colonialism and apartheid which exercises a single system of domination over all Palestinians. Violence, arbitrary arrest, child detention, a deliberately humiliating system of permits and checkpoints, and a dual legal system – one for Palestinians and another for Jewish-Israeli settlers living — illegally — in the same geographical location weave the tapestry of Israel’s apartheid over Palestinians. The UN Committee and Center against Apartheid cannot continue to remain dormant while apartheid routinely destroys Palestinians lives and hopes.
Over the past 18 months, calls for a UN-led investigation into Israeli apartheid have intensified globally, most notably from South Africa and Namibia, as well as from hundreds of political and civil society leaders in the Global South. The UK Labour Party’s conference in October also overwhelmingly voted for condemning Israeli apartheid and upholding Palestinian human rights. In June, former UN chief Ban Ki-moon suggested that Israel is imposing apartheid on Palestinians.
Last year, 47 independent human rights experts within the UN stated that the Israeli government plans to illegally annex large parts of the occupied West Bank would constitute “a vision of a 21st-century apartheid.”
Now is the time for the UN to act against apartheid Israel #UNinvestigateApartheid!
Take Action Now With Effective Solidarity Actions With Palestinian People:
- Join our #UNinvestigateApartheid campaign.
- Click to tweet and demand the UN investigate Israeli apartheid!
- Send an email to the President of the UN General Assembly and the Secretary-General demanding #UNinvestigateApartheid.
- Donate to the BDS movement and support our struggle for freedom, justice and equality!
- PUMA’s support for Israeli apartheid makes it the Worst. Gift. Ever. Today, Black Friday, through Cyber Monday, tell PUMA there’s no place for Israeli apartheid in your shopping cart and that you join 120,000 others urging PUMA to end its support for illegal Israeli settlements forcing Palestinians from their land.
- No tech for Apartheid: Google and Amazon Web Services have signed a contract to provide cloud services to the Israeli far-right government and military. This will deepen the existing surveillance of Palestinians and exacerbate Israeli apartheid and colonialism. Join us in demanding the companies to end this contract.