Welcome to This Is America, August 24th, 2021.
On this episode, first we speak with someone from Symbiosis in Portland, Oregon, where we cover the Nabisco strike from the vantage point of a supporter who was on the picket lines. While the strike has now come to a close, with the workers beating back some concessions, we talk about how the pickets evolved into a large scale community struggle which expanded to other groups of workers. We discuss the importance of blockades and the pushing back of scabs and in general, the role of solidarity and rank-n-file action.
Day 18 on the Nabisco strike line. Dancing with pickets and blocking the ingredients train still happening. Excitement growing for tomorrow’s rally and march. 10-noon. 100 NE Columbia. Strike fund reached $50K ! https://t.co/VCaFKUC7vb pic.twitter.com/4zDpjdwLGh
— Jamie Partridge (@jamiep72061) August 28, 2021
We then feature an interview with Lauren Swain, partner of long-time anarchist prisoner Sean Swain. During our discussion, we talk about how Sean has currently been denied parole, even after serving 30 years in prison for an act of self-defense. We discuss what is needed now to help Sean get out and ways that people can show solidarity. For more information on how to donate and support. go here.
Call for Support: Sean Swain Denied Parole. The Ohio Parole Board recently denied parole to Sean on the basis of lies & political targeting. Learn more and read Sean’s account of what happened and the call for support. https://t.co/iHlhm4Sqe8 @SeanSwain2 @StrawFinal @CertainDays pic.twitter.com/K3bxq8MHnj
— PM Press (@PMPressOrg) September 13, 2021
Lastly we switch to our discussion, where we address the cutting off of unemployment benefits, the ending of the eviction moratorium, and the continued impact of the so-called ‘War on Terror.’
It’s Going Down
If you value IGD as a revolutionary autonomous media resource in times of crisis and have the means, please sign up to support us monthly! Help autonomous revolutionary media grow into 2021!
- Sign up to become a monthly supporter here!
- Give us a one time donation here or through Bitcoin.
- Subscribe to our podcast, either by following our RSS feed or following IGD wherever you get your podcasts!
- Listen to us on the radio! We’re on Pacifica radio stations on Fridays at 12 PM PST (Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco, Fresno, and Santa Cruz). On Saturday, 7pm, at 96.9 in Seattle. If you have a Pacifica station or community radio station in your area, encourage them to stream our show!
- Follow and share us on Twitter, Instagram, and Mastadon!
- Tell a friend about IGD and check out more content on the Channel Zero Anarchist Podcast Network!