Welcome, to This Is America, November 20th, 2021.
On this episode, first we speak with the resident of a mobile home park in upstate New York, about how they are organizing to push back against a landlord who is trying to evict them.
From slave patrols to bounties for murdered Natives, from the KKK to Kyle Rittenhouse, white vigilantism, both in the form of the State calling on its defenders to act on its behalf + those taking matters into their own hands, lies at the heart of the American project. A thread. pic.twitter.com/IxVQdEf5FR
— It’s Going Down (@IGD_News) November 20, 2021
We then switch gears and are joined with special guest Marcela, from Feel the News, as we discuss the ongoing trials of white vigilantes and white nationalists in Charlottesville, Kenosha, and Georgia. We analyze and unpack these trials, talking about the role of far-Right auxiliary violence and vigilantism within the broader American project and the State’s reaction to Black liberation struggles.
It’s Going Down
If you value IGD as a revolutionary autonomous media resource in times of crisis and have the means, please sign up to support us monthly! Help autonomous revolutionary media grow into 2021!
- Sign up to become a monthly supporter here!
- Give us a one time donation here or through Bitcoin.
- Subscribe to our podcast, either by following our RSS feed or following IGD wherever you get your podcasts!
- Listen to us on the radio! We’re on Pacifica radio stations on Fridays at 12 PM PST (Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco, Fresno, and Santa Cruz). On Saturday, 7pm, at 96.9 in Seattle. If you have a Pacifica station or community radio station in your area, encourage them to stream our show!
- Follow and share us on Twitter, Instagram, and Mastadon!
- Tell a friend about IGD and check out more content on the Channel Zero Anarchist Podcast Network!